Information Technology (IT), Litigation Support, Operations
Faegre Baker Daniels has an opportunity for an E-Discovery Consultant to work with our Client Technology Solutions team in our Minneapolis office. You will be part of a dynamic team dedicated to utilizing legal training and experience to ensure the provision of recognizably superior electronic discovery and ESI counseling and consulting. This position will work with other talented individuals who share a passion for doing great work in the best interest of our clients.
What you would do in this job:
• Consult with clients and legal teams regarding the development and implementation of practices that increase efficiency, reduce duplicative efforts, mitigate risk, ensure consistency across matters, and position clients to comply cost-effectively with discovery obligations
• Achieve and maintain proficiency in collection and preservation tools
• Design matter-specific discovery plans that identify efficiencies across the workflow, contain costs, and enhance defensibility
• Serve as discovery liaison between legal teams and client stakeholders
• Prepare internal documentation memorializing specific discovery plans and follow chain of custody protocols
• Support discovery efforts, including declarations, affidavits and memoranda in support of or opposition to discovery motions
• Assist in developing case strategy as it relates to electronic discovery
• Consult with clients and legal teams regarding digital forensics
• Create, maintain and update best practices documentation and model documents available internally
• Participate in the development and delivery of firm-wide e-discovery educational curriculum
What we would expect from you:
• Strong commitment to client service
• Exceptional consulting abilities, including listening, analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills
• Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience
• Cooperation and the ability to collaborate in a team, including cross-office
• Ability to anticipate and respond to the needs of legal teams and clients
• Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects successfully at one time
• Ability to problem solve and use sound judgement
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with a strong sense of urgency
• Willingness to be flexible with time and adjust to a changing work environment
• Positive and professional demeanor
What you could expect from us:
• Paid time for firm-sponsored volunteer events
• On-site wellness and fitness programs
• Professional environment and the opportunity to work with experts at the top of their field
• Variety of health plan options, as well as dental and vision plans
• Generous paid time off
• Business casual attire
Qualified candidates will meet the following requirements:
• Bachelor degree required. Law degree with license, in good standing, to practice law in one of the firm’s principal jurisdictions (CO, IA, IL, IN, MN) preferred.
• 5+ years of experience performing and/or supervising ESI collections using software tools.
• 3+ years of experience working with litigation-specific processing, indexing and document review applications.
Faegre Baker Daniels is dedicated to serving the legal needs of local, national, and international businesses. From offices in the United States, United Kingdom, and China, our staff of more than 1600 lawyers, consultants, paraprofessionals, administrative and operations professionals provide the expertise necessary to solve complex business challenges and work together to provide an exceptional experience for our clients.