Faegre Baker Daniels has an opportunity for a Systems Administrator to work with our Technology Engineering & Operations team in our Minneapolis or Indianapolis office. You will be part of a dynamic team dedicated to supporting and maintaining the enterprise application and related databases for the Firm. The Systems Administrator is responsible for implementing all Firm application, database and security best practices while adhering to existing ITIL processes and methodology. This position will work with other talented individuals who share a passion for doing great work in the best interest of our clients.
What you would do in this job:
• Ensure the successful ongoing operation of supported applications and databases by monitoring their performance, usage and proper functioning, and by promptly troubleshooting and resolving issues
• Recognize patterns in reported incidents, diagnose underlying root causes, and devise timely and effective workarounds where necessary and ultimate solutions where possible
• Participate in the planning, testing and production implementation phases of application and database systems
• Recommend and manage application improvements, updates, upgrades, enhancements and maintenance
• Develop and manage working relationships with business owners and act as primary liaison between them and the IT department
• Support applications during off hours when required
What we would expect from you:
• Strong commitment to client service
• Strong organization and management skills, with the ability to prioritize and delegate projects and tasks
• Demonstrated leadership skills, including critical thinking, risk-taking and creativity
• Strong sense of urgency and professional dedication
• Cooperation and the ability to collaborate in a team, including cross-office
• Ability to problem solve and use sound judgement
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively in a virtual environment
• Ability to use discretion in dealing with highly confidential information
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Positive and professional demeanor
What you could expect from us:
• Paid time for firm-sponsored volunteer events
• On-site wellness and fitness programs
• 37.5-hour work week with a one-hour lunch break
• Business casual attire
• Professional environment and the opportunity to work with experts at the top of their field
• Variety of health plan options, as well as dental and vision plans
• Generous paid time off
Qualified candidates will meet the following requirements:
• Four-year degree in Information Technology or a related discipline, or comparable education and work experience.
• Additional technical training and relevant vendor certifications are strongly preferred.
• 3+ years of experience in application support with SQL server database management required.
• Experience with Microsoft operating systems and Microsoft Office product suite.
Faegre Baker Daniels is dedicated to serving the legal needs of local, national, and international businesses. From offices in the United States, United Kingdom, and China, our staff of more than 1600 lawyers, consultants, paraprofessionals, administrative and operations professionals provide the expertise necessary to solve complex business challenges and work together to provide an exceptional experience for our clients.