The Sr. Network Engineer must be able to work with users of varied technical ability and have strong troubleshooting, communication, documentation, and interpersonal skills. Must also be available for scheduled on-call duties during non-business hours and be available to work occasional nights and weekends, as needed. This position reports to the Director of Network Operations.
There are no direct supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
· Design, test, implement, and manage new networks solutions and data centers as required.
· Design, test, implement, and manage VOIP and video conference systems.
· Design, test and implement fluid on-prem/cloud service integrations.
· Maintain high network availability as pertaining to data centers, VOIP and WAN/LAN.
· Monitor the reliability of network infrastructure systems across multiple platforms.
· Able to build network configurations based on specific vendor specifications.
· Installation and configuration of network technologies at the enterprise level.
Design, test, implement, and manage DR processes that pertain to the data and voice
Troubleshooting and Security
· Effectively troubleshoot issues related to LAN and WAN connectivity.
· Understand QOS and perform troubleshooting steps as related to voice quality.
· Maintain and troubleshoot issues related voice and video.
· Understand and maintain security on all systems and traffic throughout the enterprise.
· Data and voice traffic analyzes
Work with Risk team to implement ISO27001/2 or similar standards
· Maintain good relationships with third party vendors and internal support teams.
· Participate in technology and Firm initiatives and projects across team platforms.
· Document processes and systems as they are deployed.
Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Associates degree or equivalent work experience required.
At least 10 years of relevant work experience.
Prior work experience in a legal services environment preferred.
Prior experience integrating on-prem and cloud services
Must have experience in three or more of the following technical areas:
WAN topologies in a MPLS and point to point network
Design and support of a complex Cisco infrastructure
Packet analyzes with tools like Wireshark and TCP Dumb
Video Conference systems
Load balancer configuration and support
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Highly professional with a strong customer service orientation, commitment to meeting deadlines, and ability to multitask in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Strong professional, independent thinking skills with strength in problem solving and the ability to offer constructive opinions and creative solutions.
A team player who motivates and educates other team members.
Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the position.
Applicants with a disability that are in need of an accommodation to complete the Stinson Leonard Street application process should contact Human Resources at 612.335.7140 or email email@example.com.
Stinson Leonard Street is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran, disabled and other diverse candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.