This position is responsible for security remediation and administration across multiple IT disciplines as well as the proper hardening and security of all infrastructure equipment and configurations. Consults and collaborates primarily with Network Engineers, System Engineers, IT Operations and other IT technicians.
Maintains existing security controls to ensure each is at the supported version and releases, that all patches, updates are installed. Adheres to Change Management procedure to document changes needed.
• Documents procedures to maintain and manage each control and keeps documentation up-to-date.
• Acts as First Responder to all Cyber Incident incidents. Serves as a member of the Firm Security Incident Response Team and carries out tasks as assigned to protect the IT Infrastructure and data.
• Attends Change Management meetings as needed; reviews changes for security impacts.
• Establishes Solution and Systems Security standards and proactively identifies opportunities to optimize security, reliability and availability.
• Working with the Lead Security and Risk Engineer, works to develop and maintain a comprehensive data security plan.
• Assists in the acquisition and deployment of security tools.
• Assists with administering security policies, standards and procedures.
• Checkpoint Firewall Administration. Works with outside vendor to ensure firewalls are fully operational
• Trend Micro suite: Ensure all clients receive latest definitions and investigate all breaches.
• Patch Management: Ensures that all clients and servers have the latest 1st and 3rd party security and critical patches and hotfixes.
• Vulnerability Management: Identifies all compliance and vulnerability risks and facilitate the remediation tasks.
• Directory Services and Security Management: Audits user accounts and permissions and for risks and vulnerabilities; AD, VPN, AAA, etc.
• Maintain current and relevant knowledge of common network, authentication and security protocols (e.g. SNMP, TLS, SSL DNS, HTTPS, SMTP, LDAP, KERBEROS, RADIUS and FTPS)
• Effectively carry out design, configuration and documentation of information security systems and devices (e.g. Firewalls, VPNs, Enterprise Gateway Devices, Remote Access Solutions, SIEMs, Content Engines, IPS/IDS Systems)
• Maintain current configurations, carry out proper administration and support of information security systems (e.g. Firewalls, VPNs, Enterprise Gateway Devices, Remote Access Solutions, Content Engines, IPS/IDS Systems)
Expertise and knowledge with infrastructure and systems security.
Proven knowledge and technical experience with Windows, VMWare, Citrix VDI, Microsoft SQL, Web application servers and LAN/WAN infrastructure.
Experience with security scanning and vulnerability management and remediation.
Demonstrated knowledge and adherence to Incident, Change, Service, Problem Management processes and SLA's.
Exceptional analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
Strong skills in the following areas; organization, motivation, interpersonal skills, time management, and communication.
Flexibility and ability to work proactively in a team-based environment.
Must be a self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
Flexibility to adjust responsibilities and hours to meet firm or client requirements.
Internet Security using SSL, etc, and a strong Web Background
Ideal, experience with the following systems: Check Point Firewalls, IPS, Clusters Citrix NetScaler Qualys SIEM Cisco Solutions: ISE, AMP, Wireless, AnyConnect, Firewalls (ASA) Bitlocker, or similar encryption technologies
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Experience with law firms
Experience with large multisite environment
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent work experience.
Internal Number: 180077
About Seyfarth Shaw LLP
At Seyfarth Shaw LLP, we are leading the way to deliver legal services more effectively, more efficiently, more transparently. With more than 850 attorneys in the U.S., London, Shanghai, Melbourne and Sydney, we offer a national platform and an international gateway to serve your changing business and legal needs in litigation, employment, corporate, real estate and employee benefits.
Recently, BTI Consulting Group recognized Seyfarth as one of the nation’s best law firms for client service in its 2014 BTI Client Service A-Team Report, which ranks firms based only on client feedback that serve the Fortune 1000. Corporate counsel said Seyfarth “excels” in “Unprompted Communication” and “Anticipating the Needs of Clients” - key tenets of our SeyfarthLean client service model - where the firm ranked “Best of the Best.”
Seyfarth also earned a spot on the Financial Times FT US Innovative Lawyers 2013 index. The recognition reflects the ongoing efforts of the firm to lead the way in integrating legal excellence with innovative client solutions that drive value.
*Our London office operates as Seyfarth Shaw (UK) LLP, an affiliate of Seyfarth Shaw LLP. Our Australian practice ...operates as Seyfarth Shaw Australia, an Australian multidisciplinary partnership affiliated with Seyfarth Shaw LLP. For more information please visit www.seyfarth.com.
In Seyfarth Shaw’s effort to ensure we continue to attract the best talent, we offer competitive salaries along with a comprehensive benefits package. Our benefits include performance based salary increases and bonuses, medical and dental plans, 401(k) and retirement plans, and a public transportation benefit. We offer the opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technology in a friendly and professional environment, and we will continue to invest in your professional growth and development.
Our environment is one of collegiality, cooperation and recognition. Our strength is the diverse wealth of information we share. And while we work hard, we also make time to have fun. We participate in many charitable events and fundraisers and give back to the communities.
Seyfarth Shaw is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact Lisa Murphy at (312) 460-5000 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Seyfarth Shaw is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Firm practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion and compensation, shall not be based on any person’s sex, race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, citizenship status, or other protected group status as defined by law. Sexual harassment or harassment based on other protected group status as defined by law is also prohibited.