Williams Mullen is seeking a Senior Database Administrator who will work as an integral part of the IT Team to ensure that databases are secure, reliable, scalable, and dynamic to handle vast amounts of information and keep operations running smoothly. The Senior Database Administrator will understanding the Firm’s business objectives and will align the information technology systems architecture to support these objectives. Responsibilities will include review, design/architecture and optimization of all of the Firm's database systems including Elite Enterprise accounting systems. The position will require oversight, involvement, and direction to all involved parties, both users and vendors, on all projects involving the firm’s databases. The Senior Database Administrator will serve as a liaison between the IT Department and the other administrative departments within the firm.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
(1) Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or area of specialty
(2) 10+ years experience in the technology field or related area
(3) 5+ years in the design, development, administration, and maintenance of enterprise level database systems such as Oracle, SQL Server or others
(4) Demonstrated advanced understanding of the interrelationship of hardware, OS and SQL DBMS
(5) Demonstrated ability to qualitatively and objectively evaluate and recommend technological changes in the context of business requirements.
(6) Demonstrated leadership qualifications, to include dedication, persistence, diligence, initiative, dependability and organizational skills
(7) Excellent teamwork, adaptability, and commitment to excellent internal and external customer service
(8) Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate the requirements for maintaining a database's stability to IT team members and end users
(9) Demonstrated ability to professionally and diplomatically communicate with all level of users, managers and vendors.
Preferred Education and Experience:
(10) In depth, advanced expertise with relational database structures, data security, storage solutions, database virtualization, replication, and clustering
Preferred, but not required:
(1) Prior experience at a law firm or other professional services environment
(2) Experience with Elite Enterprise accounting software
(3) Experience with iManage document management system
Williams Mullen is a regionally based, full-service law firm with more than 230 attorneys in offices across North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia and Washington D.C. Since our firm began in 1909, our goal has been to provide business and legal solutions to help our clients’ businesses thrive.
While we excel within our mid-Atlantic footprint, our clients find that they increasingly come to us for their legal needs across the United States and internationally. They tell us they appreciate our Am Law 200 big firm capabilities and experience without the big firm rates.
Our clients have peace of mind knowing we are responsive and act with a sense of urgency in today’s fast-moving business environment. We are committed to being clear, concise and transparent in our communications. We believe in being fair in the delivery of our services from pricing to scope of work to billing practices. And lastly, we make sure that we bring a team together that is excited to understand you and your business. This is our pledge to all clients.
At Williams Mullen, we don’t have offices located around the world, but we proudly offer the same quality of work that, combined with consistently exc...ellent client service, creates a better value for our clients.
Together, we work each day on Finding Yes®.