Are you looking for a new opportunity in a fast paced, growing environment? Venable LLP has an exciting opportunity for an experienced information security professional in our Baltimore, MD office.
As part of our Security Operations Team, the Analysts will primarily be responsible for monitoring, triaging, and documenting security events; investigating and containing incidents; and writing after action reports.
We are seeking candidates willing and able to work the following shifts:
Tuesday – Saturday; 12 p.m. – 8 p.m.
The ideal candidates will be responsible for...
- Document and escalate incidents that may cause ongoing and immediate impact to the firm
- Perform analysis of log files from a variety of sources to identify possible threats to network security
- Receive and analyze network alerts and perform containment activities on confirmed security incidents
- Track and document security incidents
- Use firm’s security alerting tools to monitor and contain malicious activity
- Isolate and remove malware
- Write and distribute after action reports
The successful candidate will demonstrate...
- 2 - 4 years of experience working in security operations
- Experience with Splunk
- Skill of identifying, capturing, containing, and reporting malware
- Skill in recognizing and categorizing types of vulnerabilities and associated attacks
- Skill in using security event correlation tools
- Skill in collecting data from a variety of IT security resources
- Desired certifications include: CISSP, SSCP, CISM, CISA, CEH, GIAC
- Strong focus on client service and responsiveness
- Strong focus on managing priorities, meeting deadlines, and collaborating with team members
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to compose outgoing notifications, technology communications, and executive level reporting and summaries
If you have a can-do attitude and are looking to be part of a highly motivated team of individuals that are naturally ambitious and driven, we’d love to hear from you. Apply today! https://venable.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0mq99
Venable LLP is an American Lawyer Global 100 law firm headquartered in Washington, DC, with offices in California, Delaware, Maryland, New York, and Virginia. Our lawyers and legislative advisors serve domestic and international clients in all areas of corporate and business law, complex litigation, intellectual property, regulatory matters, and government affairs. Additional information can be found at www.Venable.com. Venable LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, committed to ensuring our workforce reflects America’s diverse population.