The Information Technology Education Instructor will develop learning curriculum and deliver technical training, professional training and proprietary system training. This position will partner with Firm departments to appropriately support employee training needs. Will assist with the management of the details of setting up the facilities, materials, and equipment for training as well as design and facilitate curriculum on firm-wide software on various technical subjects.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop teaching aids, such as multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials, demonstration models, training handbooks, and reference works.
- Conduct needs evaluation, and comply with instructional design and methodology standards in the design and development of effective curriculum and other training materials which meet, support, and incorporate the firm’s business needs, principles, objectives, strategies, and policies. Collaborate with functional experts to develop programs that achieve the defined learning and business objectives.
- Participate as a project team member to evaluate software. Design and develop effective curriculum and other training materials.
- Provide deskside training/coaching and ad hoc support as requested by the IT Education Manager and computer users.
- Lead training sessions covering specified areas such as those concerned with new employee orientation, on-the-job training, use of computers and software, refresher training, promotional development, upgrading, retraining, and leadership development.
- Provide second level support to the Service Desk for incidents that require in-depth investigation regarding document and software functionality.
- Maintain product knowledge, industry knowledge, and familiarity with firm’s internal processes. Direct analysis of and evaluate firm’s existing training and educational programs, and provide feedback on ways to enhance or replace existing programs.
- Develop teaching outline and determine instructional methods, utilizing knowledge of specified training needs and effectiveness of such methods as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings, and workshops.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with the development of electronic learning using electronic development tools, e.g. Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline
- Advanced technical writing skills
- Familiarity with adult learning principles
- Experience with the development of instructor-led training
- Excellent verbal and written communication and platform training skills
- Advanced knowledge and work experience with MS Office, and an understanding of Windows
- Good organizational skills
- Detailed oriented, responsible, cooperative and motivated
- Ability to work effectively with others in a team environment within established timeframes
- Must maintain commitment to teamwork
If you're interested in applying for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.