Morrison & Foerster LLP, an Am Law 50 law firm with 16 offices worldwide, has an opening for a Network Engineer within our Information Technology Department in our San Francisco office.
Guided by department objectives and priorities, the Network Engineer position is responsible for the support, deployment, and design of Cisco, Dell Force 10, Aruba, OVA networking equipment and software. The Network Engineer's role is to support, deploy, and maintain the company's local offices and data centers infrastructure. The Network Engineer is responsible for the updating of switches, routers, firewalls, access points, wireless management, load balancing, IPS / IDS, and web management technologies. Additionally, the NE will assist in troubleshooting Windows and Linux servers, desktops, and appliances, network configuration and performance. Lastly, the NE will assist in supporting and troubleshooting Cisco Phone systems. Ensures client service and satisfaction are attained in all areas of position.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent degree.
- Minimum four years' experience in the architecture, design, deployment and maintenance of network (WAN and LAN) and telephony systems.
- Cisco Switch 3850, Nexus 9XXX, Cat 6500
- Dell Force 10 MXL, Dell Power Connect
- Cisco Routers 39XX, 4000 ISR
- Cisco ASA Firewalls
- Aruba Wireless Technologies
- Cisco Unified Communications, Cisco VoIP Systems
- Kemp Load Balancers
- Netflow / SolarWinds Monitoring
Teamwork and Applied Skills
- Strong project skills and ability to coordinate multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Advanced analytical and information gathering skills; ability to evaluate and prioritize extensive, detailed data.
- Effective team skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels in an organization.
- Strong sense of accountability, taking ownership over projects and responsibilities and resolving issues proactively.
- Ability to assess information, anticipate issues and outcomes, and make effective decisions, applying big picture understanding, excellent independent judgment, and a highly proactive, solution-oriented approach to work and interactions.
- Talent for delivering client service through teamwork.
- Reliability, dependability, and strong motivation to respond to requests quickly.
- Initiative to ensure consistent quality and continuous improvement.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to create organizational solutions where a precedent may not exist.
- Ability to deliver responsive client service within and across multiple teams.