Venable LLP is seeking a Security Engineer to join our growing Information Technology team in the Baltimore office. The Security Engineer will perform several functions within the Enterprise Architecture Team. Primary responsibilities will include managing and maintaining IT security infrastructure; developing, testing, and implementing new security controls; maintaining and enhancing log management, SIEM, and security alerting systems; and providing engineering support to security operations.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for...
- Designing and implementing enhanced log management, Security Information Event Management (SIEM), and security alerting systems. Developing supporting documentation and training plans to instruct Security Operations on the appropriate use of those tools.
- Designing and building proof-of-concept architectures to test and validate the impact of implementing proposed systems, software, or new interfaces between systems, with respect to the security posture of the current environment. Designing and/or allocating the appropriate security services or mechanisms needed to adequately secure the candidate architecture to the Firm’s information security, security architecture, and systems security engineering requirements.
- Designing essential system capabilities and supporting business processes/functions required for maintaining security during a catastrophic failure. In collaboration with Firm stakeholders, implementing solutions to assure prioritized critical business functions are adequately secured during a disaster event.
The successful candidate will demonstrate...
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer/Information Security, Information Assurance, or equivalent combination of related work experience, education, and certification.
- 7+ years of experience performing IT architecture or engineering services with 3+ years focused on IT Security.
- In depth knowledge of systems integration, implementation, testing and evaluation methods
- In depth knowledge of security principles and organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, and non-repudiation)
- In depth knowledge of network systems management principles, models, methods and tools
- Proven ability designing the integration of hardware and software solutions
- Proven ability determining how a security system should work (including its resilience and dependability capabilities) and how changes in conditions, operations, or the environment will affect these outcomes
- Practical knowledge of Windows, Linux, and BSD operating systems
- Practical knowledge of software engineering/development and N-Tier architectures
If you have a can-do attitude and are looking to be part of a highly motivated team of individuals that are naturally ambitious and driven, we’d love to hear from you. Apply today! https://venable.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0mdyy
Venable LLP is an American Lawyer Global 100 law firm headquartered in Washington, DC, with offices in California, Delaware, Maryland, New York, and Virginia. Our lawyers and legislative advisors serve domestic and international clients in all areas of corporate and business law, complex litigation, intellectual property, regulatory matters, and government affairs. Additional information can be found at www.Venable.com.
Venable LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, committed to ensuring our workforce reflects America’s diverse population.