A western regional law firm seeks a Chief Information Officer to manage the firm’s computer and telecommunications systems. This person performs a variety of complex administrative and supervisory responsibilities in directing the information, data integrity and security for all information technology and telecommunications system functions of the firm for approximately 175 total users. The Chief Information Officer exercises supervision over all members of the IT Department including Help Desk specialists and Trainers. The person works under the general direction of the Executive Director of the firm.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- System Security, redundancy, backups and disaster prevention;
- Establishing and overseeing effective working relationships with attorneys and other departments and personnel;
- Supervise and review staff;
- Provide leadership and direction in the development of short and long range technology plans and budgets;
- Provide direction on the use of emerging technologies for both local and remote operations;
- Provides strategic direction for all information processing and communications systems and operations;
- Prepares annual budgets and assures effective and efficient use of budgeted funds;
- Prepares and maintains policies and procedures to ensure necessary controls;
- Reviews and approves all major contracts for services and equipment;
- Oversees and accounts for all the inventory of installed or planned technology systems.
Candidates must be professional with excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of personnel in the firm along with clients, vendors and the general public. Must be a team player and exhibit a client (user) service orientation, have good judgment and common sense.
Candidates must possess the following:
- Four year college degree in Computer Science, Management Information, Business Administration or related field;
- Six years of related experience;
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft-based network including Windows Server, Exchange, Citrix and Microsoft Office.
- Previous experience in a law firm or professional services organization required.
Additionally, knowledge of iManage FileSite, the Omega Time and Billing System, Summation Software and other programs used by law firms is a plus.
We provide excellent benefits and compensation in a friendly working environment. Visit our website for information about our firm at www.rcalaw.com. Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
Ms. L. Shannon Bryant
Ryley Carlock & Applewhite
One North Central, Suite 1200
Phoenix, Arizona 85004
Fax: (602) 257-6996