Mayer Brown LLP is a leading global law firm with offices in 24 key business centers across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. We are a collegial, collaborative and diverse firm where highly motivated individuals with an unwavering commitment to excellence receive the opportunity, support and development they need to grow, thrive and realize their greatest potential.
If you enjoy working with team members whose defining characteristics are achievement, initiative, professionalism, responsiveness and adaptability, you may be the person we are seeking to join our Information Technology department, in Chicago, as a Global IT Business Analyst.
The IT Business Analyst’s overall responsibility is to analyze the business needs of clients and stakeholders to help identify business problems and propose solutions. To do this, the business analyst will need to work closely with the business sponsor, project manager, subject matter experts, and the project team.
- Assess the business needs to identify business problems and propose solutions
- Serve as a change agent to help transition the firm from our existing environment into an environment of technology-driven solutions that will enhance the efficiency, quality, and effectiveness of our global practice
- Examination of current business processes and make recommendations for improving quality and/or increasing efficiency within business unit operations
- Drive data gathering, review and analysis of data, working closely with business partners, to distinguish user requests from true needs
- Decompose high-level information into granular details and general understanding
- Communicate system requirements to system analysts and engineers using functional specifications, flow charts, story boards, use cases, and process diagrams
- Act as the primary liaison, interfacing between business partners, development team, and technology providing subject matter expertise on technical systems and processes for assigned area
- Meet with project stakeholders to clearly capture business requirements, critical milestones, and dependencies – may require travel to other offices