Job Title: Tier 1 Service Desk Technician
Supervisor: Chief Information Officer (Performance) with input from Desktop Engineer / Service Desk Team Lead (Daily Processes & Procedures)
Work Hours: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm Eastern Time[i]
Location: Atlanta, GA
The Tier 1 Service Desk Technician provides internal support for employees for all office locations. Candidates should have a mix of technical and customer service skills, and be passionate about technology and helping people. We are a Windows based organization and support all customer-facing computer hardware and software, in addition to printers, faxes, copiers, etc.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responds to customer telephone, email and walk-in support requests.
- Following the WWHGD IT ticket procedure, logs all requests, issues and resolutions.
- Conducts research utilizing internal and external resources to solve customer problems quickly.
- Supports equipment set-up in offices and conference rooms
- Following the WWHGD IT procedure, escalates issues to Team Lead, MSP, Vendor or Network Operations Team promptly.
- Follow WWHGD IT asset management procedures for handling IT assets including intake of new equipment, moving of existing equipment and retiring end of life equipment.
- Maintains organization of the IT Workroom including inventory of equipment and accessories.
- Completes special projects as time permits
- Performs other duties as assigned by Chief Information Officer or Service Desk Team Lead.
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION
- High school diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree and law firm industry experience preferred
- Experience working within IT of a fast-paced, high-stress business is preferred
- Two years minimum experience performing hands-on technical support is required
- Flexible to work extra hours, cover late shift and participate in an on-call rotation is required
- Hands-on experience with Windows 7, Office 2010, Citrix XenDesktop, Nuance PDF Pro, HP laptop / desktop computers, iOS / Android smartphones, Digital dictation, Cisco VoIP phones, HP printers and general computer networking will be helpful
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and document formatting (Styles, ToC, ToA, etc.)
- Critical thinker and tenacious problem solver with advanced troubleshooting skills is a must
- Must be organized and show initiative
- Patience with a customer-centric service philosophy is required
[i] Required to work an alternate work schedule every third week as part of an IT on-call rotation