The Applications Analyst is responsible for departmental applications' (HR, Accounting, Marketing, etc.) maintenance and support activities, enhancements to existing functionality, development and/or implementation of new modules or packages. He/she will work with other IT Teams and will review, analyze, implement, test and provide ongoing 2nd tier user support and end-to-end technical support for applications. This position is responsible for ensuring accurate documentation of user needs, program functions and maintenance processes.
Applications supported vary and include but not limited to: Elite Enterprise, PeopleSoft, ChromeRiver, Design Gallery, e-Billing Hub, Metastorm, Cognos, Intapp Time, Interaction, & Gwabbit.
- Work directly with the application business owners to understand their business needs and identify where an IT solution is available.
- Research new applications and/or application features both independently and by management request. Formulate recommendations and implementation plans.
- Establish and maintain an appropriate test environment and execute appropriate application test plans in conjunction with other technology teams.
- Evaluate, test and integrate new software and upgrades to existing software.
- Define packaging requirements and prepare applications for installation into the production environment using Firm standard tools and methodologies.
- Resolve end user issues as escalated by the Service Desk, including working with software vendors' technical support to resolve complex problems.
- Develop and maintain application documentation, including, but not limited to, Configuration Guides, Application Design Guides, Frequently Asked Questions list, Knowledge Base articles; provide consultation to the training team on associated end-user documentation.
- Using a variety of means, maintain a high level of current awareness of new technologies and technology trends associated with assigned applications and areas of discipline.
- Provide after hours on-call support.
- Perform other duties or special projects as required.