The Chicago office is seeking an HRIS Specialist who will support the overall efforts of the Firm’s Human Resource (HR) department, with a concentration on data integrity and business processes relating to the data maintained within the Firm’s HR system, PeopleSoft.
Essential Job Duties Include:
- Develop and execute project plans. Includes identifying requirements, defining project goals, tracking decisions, outlining and documenting tasks, working closely with assigned resources, overseeing implementation, and delivering on outcomes. This will include creating and executing detailed test plans. Projects can be limited in scope such as targeted data clean-up on a specific field, or broader in scope such as HR process redesign resulting from new or updated functionality.
- Creating and updating SOPs, business process flows, user reference guides, and business forms used by internal departments to submit data for entry. Evaluate existing processes for improvement. This involves developing a toolkit of best practices and resources.
- Collaborate with team members to coordinate work effort for key cyclical activities including responding to audit requests, onboarding new associate class, processing open enrollment benefits changes, and other projects, as assigned.
- Lead data validation efforts between the HR and Payroll modules using a variety of reporting tools including PeopleSoft and Excel. The Specialist is responsible for investigating discrepancies, proposing solutions, and managing resolution efforts with various departments including HR, Payroll, Benefits, Timekeeping, and HR Applications.
- Perform data integrity audits. Propose and implement solutions to ensure a high level of data integrity.
- Respond to ad hoc requests for data.
- Support testing and implementation activities for PeopleSoft upgrades, system enhancements, and bug fixes.
- Support effective onboarding and training of new team members on PeopleSoft, training internal staff on the Firm’s HR data definitions, and also on how to run standardized queries.
- The Specialist will be expected to complete accurate and timely data entry into PeopleSoft for certain new hires, job changes, organizational changes, compensation updates, and other complex transactions. It is expected that the Specialist will spend an average of about 30% of her/his time completing data entry tasks.