Robinson Bradshaw, a 130-attorney law firm headquartered in Charlotte, is currently searching for an individual to perform advanced technical user support duties. This position requires a self-starter who can function independently and is extremely organized. We require a “white glove” customer service attitude towards all including attorneys, paralegals, managers and assistants while providing a high level of technical and client service supporting the software and hardware needs of our firm employees. Must provide guidance for appropriate use of our systems and develop technical solutions, including answering help desk calls, tracking requests for support in a ticketing system, and resolving or escalating support calls. Must be able to perform complex tasks and training while working independently and with a minimum of supervisory assistance. The firm offers an unparalleled opportunity to work with top-notch talent, a competitive and comprehensive compensation package, growth opportunities and continuous training opportunities.
This position requires 5+ years of specific experience (preferably in a legal environment) and is full-time, non-exempt and reports to the Director of IT. The primary functions of User Support Specialist Level 2:
Respond to Help Desk calls and resolve user problems or questions in a timely manner for advanced legal technology issues including MS Word, Excel and Outlook; escalate to other IT or firm resources when necessary
- Record and track support incidents
- Support audio/visual resources in 24 conference rooms
- Effectively communicate software resolutions to end users in person, on the telephone or via remote PC access to make adjustments to computer software and hardware environment as necessary
- Install, configure and troubleshoot different software installations including, Microsoft operating systems (Windows 7), Microsoft Office products (2010) and other software products as needed
- Provide after-hours emergency support on a weekly rotational basis with other support staff
- Support of mobile technology deployed by the firm
- Advanced working knowledge of legal specific software helpful such as MacPac and DocX, as well as DM, iManage, Sharepoint, Contact Manager and Elite.
- User training on computer usage and various firm software applications