Akerman LLP, a leading US law firm, is seeking an IT Security Manager for its Maitland, Florida location. Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, this position will manage all aspects of data security and the mitigation of risk for the firm. Qualified candidates should have working knowledge of ISO security standards, rules and regulations related to ISO 27001, NIST 800-53, and HIPAA.
• Manage all aspects of Information Security, Data Privacy Compliance, Information Governance Coordination and Information Risk Auditing
• Develop and implement information security procedures to enforce compliance with information security standards and policies.
• Monitors the internal control systems to ensure that appropriate security is maintained.
• Analyzes/reviews information on emerging cyber threats, and is actively engaged in industry forums on threats and opportunities. Makes improvement recommendations to managers at all levels to ensure compliance with laws, standards and policies while managing business risks.
• Advises the organization with current information about information security technologies and related regulatory issues. Includes analysis & proposal of security products and services to determine best risk management environment.
• Serves as a technical adviser for projects & provides technical support on matters related to information security.
We require a Bachelor's degree in IT, management or business, AND ten (10) years of experience in an Information Security related role, preferably in a professional services environment. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package. Please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements. EOE M/F/D/V
Internal Number: ITSEC01299
About Akerman LLP
Akerman LLP is a leading transactions and trial law firm known for its core strengths in middle market M&A, within the financial services and real estate sectors, and for a diverse Latin America practice. With more than 700 lawyers and government affairs professionals and a network of 24 offices, we are ranked among the top 100 law firms in the United States by The American Lawyer (2017). Akerman also is ranked among the top 100 law firms for diversity in The American Lawyer’s Diversity Scorecard (2017).