This position will serve as a member of the Immediate Response Team (Service Desk) as a Service Desk Support Technician. Primary responsibility is the answering of incoming user support contacts and questions (telephone calls, emails, chat, etc.).
Primary job responsibilities include:
• Quickly resolve end-user issues that come into the group over the phone, through e-mail, or potentially via MS Lync chat.
• Properly and thoroughly document all elements of a support case within the Incident Management System (Microsoft Service Manager).
• Ensure incidents are prioritized properly, status is provided, and incident resolution is communicated to users. Escalate issues as appropriate.
• Ensure user requests and issues are clearly documented in tickets, and create written documentation for hardware and software installations or other technical matters as requested by management.
• Assist in the creation and editing of Service Desk processes and procedures including Knowledge Base articles.
Specific Skills Required:
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Ability to establish effective working relationships and maintain a professional demeanor under stressful conditions.
• Ability to quickly assimilate advanced technical information, organize and prioritize multiple competing deadlines.
• Troubleshooting skills, including the ability to use a wide variety of resources including technical manuals, on-line vendor knowledge bases, and specification documents.
• Knowledge of computer hardware and peripherals, including ability to test and troubleshoot a variety of complex hardware configurations.
• Knowledge of software including operating systems, ability to navigate and manipulate the Windows Registry and troubleshoot interaction errors between multiple software packages.
• Basic network troubleshooting skills and knowledge, both LAN and WAN.
Education and Experience:
• Requires 0-1 years of experience in a technical support environment or equivalent solid functional knowledge of standard PC hardware and software used in office environments.
• A+ Network+, MCSE, or equivalent technical education strongly preferred.
• An Associate's or Bachelor's degree is preferred.