We at Faegre Baker Daniels are quite proud of our Firm’s SharePoint 2016-based intranet. Our recently redesigned site boasts improved search functionality, simple navigation and a streamlined look. We would be excited to provide you a tour and explore how your SharePoint expertise could help us do even more! As our SharePoint Architect, you will work closely with a diverse team dedicated to delivering on our core values of Service Excellence. You will be responsible for the technical aspects of our SharePoint-based intranet and extranets, and will help drive next steps as we begin to explore SharePoint Online.
What you would do in this job:
• Analyze SharePoint intranet and extranet implementations to identify and address areas of opportunity
• Collaborate with multiple teams to translate user and system requirements to functional technical requirements
• Provide technical guidance on what SharePoint can offer out of the box, recommend project approaches and provide estimates
• Leverage enterprise solutions where appropriate and identify other 3rd party administrative and management tools
• Analyze, develop, test, integrate and maintain both SharePoint based solutions and custom solutions to enhance the quality and efficiency of the Firm’s legal services
• Establish and enforce best practices
• Mentor team members on SharePoint best practices and administrative tasks
• Provide and maintain documentation on all SharePoint architecture
• Adhere to and promote existing ITIL processes as documented by the Firm
• Strong commitment to client service • Strong organization and management skills, with the ability to prioritize and delegate projects and tasks • Demonstrated leadership skills, including critical thinking, risk-taking and creativity • Strong sense of urgency and professional dedication • Ability to take direction and accept supervision • Cooperation and the ability to collaborate in a team, including cross-office • Ability to problem solve and use sound judgment • Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills • Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment • Positive and professional demeanor
• Paid time for firm-sponsored volunteer events • 37.5-hour work week with a one-hour lunch break • Professional environment and the opportunity to work with experts at the top of their field • Variety of health plan options, as well as dental and vision plans • Generous paid time off • Dress-for-your-day dress code • Ergonomic sit-stand desks for a comfortable and healthy work environment • A newly-renovated collaborative working space • On-site wellness and fitness programs, including membership discounts at the STEELE Fitness gym in the building • Access to a rooftop garden for some sunshine during work hours • A centralized “Town Hall” area with a wide selection of vending and seating for lunch breaks and casual group meetings
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science or a related field. Sufficiently extensive relevant experience can substitute for some formal education.
• 5+ years of SharePoint architecture expertise, including taxonomy design, remote site provisioning, SharePoint search, security, workflow and specialized web parts.
• Additional consideration given to experience with O365, SharePoint Online and mobile development.
About Faegre Baker Daniels LLP
Faegre Baker Daniels is dedicated to serving the legal needs of local, national, and international businesses. From offices in the United States, United Kingdom, and China, our staff of more than 1600 lawyers, consultants, paraprofessionals, administrative and operations professionals provide the expertise necessary to solve complex business challenges and work together to provide an exceptional experience for our clients.