Attorney Professional Development, Professional Legal Management
· Staff approximately thirty associates as needed.
· Monitor utilization and track associates’ experience in order to maximize the variety of work, increase exposure to different partners and senior associates, and develop new skills.
· Maintain the group’s intranet resources and assist with Business Development requests as needed.
· Assist Restructuring lawyers with designing and implementing training programs.
· Collaborate with others in the Professional Development Department to manage the performance evaluation process for Restructuring associates and counsel.
· Manage the Career Advisor Program for the Restructuring group
· Review exit interview data and create year-end summary reports; make recommendations for improving associate recruiting and retention.
· Manage lateral integration program including conducting orientation, arranging periodic gatherings and checking in with new arrivals regularly.
POST-PARENTAL LEAVE SUPPORT
· Provide support to new parents; manage re-integration and conduct regular check-in meetings. Ensure that new parents are aware of firm policies and other resources available to assist.
· With other Professional Development managers, meet regularly with associates in select practice groups to assess morale, identify training needs, answer questions and address concerns. Share information with Career Advisors when appropriate.
· Assist with the rotation process for approximately 80 junior corporate associates. Work with staffing partners and practice group coordinators to assess projected staffing needs. Evaluate associates’ practice group preferences and meet with staffing partners to finalize allocation within each group.
· Assist Restructuring Group with planning regular social gatherings.
· Assist with staffing other corporate practice groups as needed
· Assist with secondment requests, follow-up and re?integration, Professional Development webpage; Associates Committee.
· Miscellaneous ad hoc projects.
Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Able to propose creative solutions to challenging problems. Exceptional organizational skills. Determination and ability to project confidence in high-stress environment essential. Familiarity with Excel and comfortable creating and presenting PowerPoint presentations expected. Must have excellent leadership skills and be able to inspire confidence among associates and firm leaders. Availability during standard office hours is essential and the ability to respond to email promptly outside of standard office hours and on weekends is expected. Ability to maintain confidentiality of personnel and other sensitive matters is critical.
JD and/or Master’s degree preferred. A minimum of three to five years’ post-graduate experience in a law firm or professional services organization expected. Familiarity with bankruptcy and corporate restructuring a plus. Experience with collaborating with partners in a large law firm setting expected.
About Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP is a global law firm with more than 900 lawyers in offices in New York, Northern
California, Washington DC, London, Paris, Madrid, Hong Kong, Beijing, São Paulo and Tokyo. Since its
founding more than 165 years ago, Davis Polk has established itself as the firm of choice for major
corporations and financial institutions worldwide on their most complex and often precedent-setting
transactions and significant litigation matters of all kinds. Our lawyers are recognized globally among the
very top practitioners in their respective fields, and our non-legal professional staff shares the same
commitment to excellence and service that has long been the hallmark of our firm.