Are you a savvy technical help desk professional seeking a new opportunity to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment?
Do you enjoy technical problem-solving and the relentless pursuit of answers?
Do you pride yourself on your superior customer service skills and ability to exceed your users’ expectations?
Are you the type of person who likes to work hard, have fun, and achieve results?
Hillis Clark Martin & Peterson P.S., a law firm in downtown Seattle, seeks a full-time Help Desk Analyst to support 80 users. Applicant should understand and have experience supporting Windows 10; Office 365; Office desktop applications; and document, litigation review, and matter management systems. Important qualities include strong customer service and communication skills, patience, flexibility, and an excitement for helping people. Experience in the legal industry and a basic understanding of legal documents are preferred.
The Help Desk Analyst is part of the IT Department and reports to the Director of IT.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide primary technical support for the Firm’s standard software and hardware, including email, phone, and walk-up support.
• Effectively evaluate customer needs, exercise good judgment, respond in a timely way to issues and requests, and prioritize requests appropriately.
• Take ownership of support requests. Elevate requests as necessary while tracking progress.
• Log support requests in the help desk system along with steps taken to troubleshoot and resolve each incident. Provide a summary report of support requests during weekly IT Department meetings.
• Perform system testing and application updates on individual workstations.
• Train and support users as opportunities arise when responding to help desk requests and during implementation of new applications and systems. Provide training recommendations to the Director of IT.
• Create support materials for applications and common user needs. Organize support materials on the Firm's intranet.
• Maintain asset management logs.
• Provide support for AV equipment in conference rooms.
• Work on special projects assigned by the Director of Information Technology.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related course of study or equivalent work experience required.
• 3+ years' experience providing technical support in a professional services firm environment required; law firm experience preferred.
• Knowledge of and experience with legal applications and systems required, including Windows 10, Microsoft Office, Office 365, Teams, and SharePoint; document management (NetDocuments), matter management and accounting (ProLaw); litigation review (Disco, Concordance, Relativity); telecommunications and videoconferencing (ShoreTel, Zoom); single sign-on (OneLogin); multi-factor authentication (Duo); iOS and Android email apps; virtual and remote desktops, and basic networking technologies.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Applicant must have an ability to explain technical problems in language individual users understand and to identify the root cause of technical problems based on users' descriptions.
• Ability to collaborate and communicate in a team setting required.
• Excellent sense of urgency and an ability to remain calm under pressure while triaging and prioritizing competing incidents, problems, tasks, and projects efficiently required.
• MOS (Office 2017), A+ certification, and/or Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator certifications preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, employee must be available to work 37.5 hours per week (M-F). Some overtime required. The employee may be required to sit for extended periods of time, though the Firm provides a standing desk. Must be able to bend, reach, twist and push while sitting or standing and be able lift 50 lbs.
The statements contained in this position description are not all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned and requirements may vary depending on the evolving needs of the Firm and the IT Department.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, friendly and energetic teammates, and a collegial working environment. Please visit our website at www.hcmp.com.
Please email your cover letter and resume to Veronica Sutton, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com.
Our firm is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, military service obligations, veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
About Hillis Clark Martin & Peterson P.S.
HCMP is a Seattle-based law firm founded in 1971. Our clients include national and international corporations, local and regional businesses, government entities, community organizations, nonprofits and individuals. We have 48 attorneys and 6 paralegals.