Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, a national law firm of 500 employees, is seeking a IT Project Manager to join our IT Team. This role will work closely with the Chief Information Security Officer and members of our business team to facilitate efficient and effective planning, coordination, execution and documentation of all security related business operations projects.
The IT Project Manager will focus on the quantitative and mechanical aspects of project management, and ensure that firm technology security resources are fully employed and utilized to accomplish firm initiatives and strategic goals. The following is an example of responsibilities for this opportunity:
- Prepare project management documents and project plans
- Prepare initial scope, schedule and cost baseline for projects
- Coordinate project schedules
- Assemble and lead cross-functional project teams by utilizing project methodologies, systems tools, and quality defined by the firm
- Track and report status of project tasks and due dates
- Track and report utilization of resources on project work
- Develop new project requests with operations management to determine relative priority
- Participate in local chapter of Project Management Institute (PMI)
The successful Project Manager must exhibit excellent communication, organization, and documentation skills. The primary focus will be to most effectively utilize available resources to accomplish business initiatives and Firm purposes. An ability to understand the required tasks and interdependencies of each project will be essential. The Project Manager must also regularly acquire and report the status of tasks assigned to each project team member in a way that fosters a spirit of a unified team working toward common goals. A balance of persistence, professionalism, and empathy will determine the degree of success in the role.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Project Management Certification (PMP)
- A minimum of 3-5 years managing complex Information Technology and Information Security projects
- Excellent writing and verbal skills
- Professional Demeanor
- Analytical, Strategic, and Articulate
- Previous law firm and/or professional services experience is preferred but not required
If you hold the required experience and have a passion for ensuring information security within a legal environment, please apply to join our growing security team.