The IT Trainer’s responsibilities include the development and maintenance of the on-going in-house training programs dealing with Legal applications, PC hardware and Software and Security Awareness. This person will update training materials and software as needed. The IT Trainer also will conduct training classes; develop e-learning courses, videos, workbooks and study guides.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Work with Professional Development staff to Orient and train attorneys, support staff and administration on any material related to Firm business.
2. Manages security awareness program and work with the CIO and Security Analyst to review security training issues.
3. Assist to continuously increase the level of efficiency and productivity of end-user software applications by:
Creation and delivery of Skills Assessment program for staff.
Creation of individual learning plans.
Development and delivery of classes and e-learning.
Effective management of the Learning Management System (LMS)
4. Assist to develop and maintain class materials, e-learning courses and on-demand online training libraries.
5. Stay current on latest software versions, emerging industry trends, new technologies, concepts and techniques. This includes networking with other legal technology professionals to better understand the training requirements for the legal industry.
6. Ensure supporting materials are available for course participants.
7. Deliver training in the most cost-effective manner, utilizing video and remote technology.
8. Work with the Helpdesk to review ticket for new training opportunities
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
B.S. Degree in Education, Liberal Arts, Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent combination of education, technical certification and work experience in teaching/training required.
2. WORK EXPERIENCE:
Two years of experience in training, teaching or technology position/environment required; legal experience preferred.
Excellent communication skills, including speech and grammar.
Extensive knowledge of PC environments with an emphasis on the Microsoft Suite of applications.
Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently or as part of a team.
Extensive teaching experience and/or three years of office work, legal highly desired.
Experience in public speaking and training.
Good writing, editing, communication, organization, and interpersonal relationship skills.
Desire and ability to learn new software and update or develop related training courses.
Must be able to perform the duties of the position with time constraints, interruptions, and busy attorneys and staff and be able to treat all matters in a discrete and confidential manner.
Additional Salary Information: Based upon experience