The Knowledge Management (“KM”) Product Manager is responsible for the day-to-day administration, management and continuous improvement of technology solutions that support and accelerate the practice and business of law at Sidley. This role manages the configuration, implementation and on-going administration of the firm’s enterprise search platform (“Search”). In collaboration with other KM leaders, this person identifies opportunities to improve and/or expand Search and to collaborate with other KM and firm solutions.
Under the direction of KM leaders, the Product Manager contributes to the development of product roadmaps for Search and manages the execution of these roadmaps in furtherance of the firm’s KM goals. This person leads cross-functional teams to plan, manage and complete assigned projects, ensuring the relevant business goals and priorities are clearly documented and communicated.
The Product Manager works directly with KM leaders and other stakeholders to define best practices. S/He provides support and contributes to the development of training programs and related communications. S/he serves as the primary support contact who interacts with internal resources, such as the Information Technology and Procurement teams, as well as with external resources including vendors and consultants, to address technical issues.
Duties and Responsibilities: • Under the direction of KM leaders, contribute to the development of strategic business goals and overall roadmap for Search to address current needs, as well as to anticipate future growth and opportunities • In collaboration with IT, manage the execution of the configuration, implementation and on-going administration of Search • In collaboration with KM leaders, identify and prioritize opportunities to enhance or expand the Search platform and to collaborate with other KM and firm solutions • Work closely with KM leaders and IT to define technical specifications, the desired user experience and acceptance criteria for features and functionality, ensuring alignment with strategic business goals and KM priorities • Collaborate with IT to manage development, issue and enhancement requests and release cycle to ensure timely delivery of features and functionality that reflect the firm’s strategic business goals and KM priorities • Manage active and passive feedback loops to gather requirements, assess the efficacy and adoption of Search and incorporate that into the development of strategic business goals and product roadmaps • Develop, maintain and analyze metrics on Search usage, trends, etc.
• Contribute to the development of implementation and communication strategies aimed at maximizing the impact and value of Search for the firm and manage their execution • Develop subject matter expertise with the content, configuration and capabilities of the Search platform • Develop subject matter expertise with regard to the scope and nature of internal and external data and technologies that could be leveraged to enhance the Search product • Supervise and mentor direct reports and other team members in the day-to-day management and administration of Search • Ensure compliance with all applicable data privacy regulations and policies • Manage relationships with vendors and outside service providers related to the Search product and underlying technology to ensure a consistent, high-level of service and performance
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Duties and Responsibilities (Duties) above satisfactorily and meet the requirements below. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. If you need such an accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (current employees should contact Human Resources).
Education and/or Experience: Required: • Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university • A minimum of seven years of relevant experience
• Ability to translate user requirements into technological requirements
• Experience of working within knowledge centric environments
• Familiarity with enterprise search tools and related technology such as BA Insight, iManage/RAVN Insight, OpenText Decisiv (formerly Recommind), Elasticsearch and Apache SOLR
• Demonstrated ability to translate strategy and priorities into tangible action items and execute effectively
• Familiarity with major technology tools commonly used by large law firms such as NetDocuments, iManage Work, HighQ and SharePoint
• Experience supporting information systems including integration with both internal and external data sources
Preferred: • Demonstrated ability to manage complex technology projects with competing deadlines and priorities
• Experience managing project teams from inception through planning, execution and completion
• Familiarity with agile/iterative product development methodologies
• Understanding of usability concepts and approaches to product design and user experience
• Experience working within law firm structure and business practices, as well as practice-specific terminology
• Demonstrated proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint for use in analyzing and presenting information • Familiarity with Tableau, Microsoft Power BI and/or other analytics tools
The following will also be required of the successful candidate:Other Skills and Abilities:
• Strong organizational skills • Strong attention to detail • Good judgment • Strong interpersonal communication skills • Strong analytical and problem-solving skills • Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others • Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion • Able to work under pressure
Sidley Austin LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.