IT Trainer - Applications Support Specialist [Hybrid]
Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP
Location: San Diego, California
Type: Full Time
Salary: $60k - $90k
Information Technology (IT)
Salary commiserate with experience
4 Year Degree
Telecommuting is allowed.
The IT Trainer-Applications Support Specialist will facilitate firm-wide learning programs to onboard, train, coach, and support our attorneys and support staff. This position requires a strong understanding of legal desktop applications, desktop operating systems and an advanced “expert” level of skill around Microsoft Office and related products. This position will collaborate with the IT team and end users to analyze, troubleshoot, train and resolve document, hardware and software problems and to enhance the end-user experience. This position will be part of the IT Department and report to the IT Director.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Conducts new hire onboarding, continuing education or rollout training via stand-up, one-on-one or web-based delivery for the firm’s core IT desktop applications.
- Maintains training information, learning plans, and calendar of IT training events.
- Facilitates training for new technology initiatives and IT change projects.
- Assists with the creation of in-house training materials and customizing vendor documentation to meet firm and departmental standards.
- Creates learning videos using Captivate, SnagIt, or other video authoring and editing tools.
- Maintains knowledge in training, technology, and educational delivery methodology.
- Provides high-level concierge service to troubleshoot and resolve technical assistance requests from end users (in a windows-based office environment) via submitted help desk tickets, help desk or direct phone calls, in person requests or walkups and email. When needed, performs advanced troubleshooting and research of incidents and problems.
- Uses the help desk ticket management system to properly document and escalate issues as they are reported.
- Collaborates within the larger IT support and desktop team to ensure the highest level of end-user support and resolution.
- Assists in providing support for firm wide technology upgrades, desktop rollouts and global IT change projects.
- Participates in IT testing and quality assurance for all applications, and desktops. Participates in the creation and testing of new forms, templates, macros, styles, etc. in alignment with the Firm's style guidelines.
- Provides after hours support to assist with urgent help desk requests and system maintenance as needed.
Additional Abilities and Aptitudes:
- Having technical and interpersonal skills to perform all the essential job functions stated above.
- Ability to exercise discretion with confidential and sensitive information.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and make decisions in a high-pressure environment.
- Superior attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- Self-starter, proactive problem solver; able to demonstrate initiative and follow-up skills.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Windows, and MS Office, including styles and templates (certification and/or relevant experience preferred).
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in Adobe Acrobat.
- Exceptional written and verbal skills, including communicating complex technical concepts in a manner readily understood by non-technical users, both orally and literally.
- Strong team player; able to work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Excellent presentation skills in one-on-one and group environments.
Technical Skills and Prior Experience
- 3 - 5 years of experience facilitating technology training in a law firm, professional services organization, or software company.
- The ability to adapt training to various learning styles and multi-generational skill sets.
- Time management and flexible organization skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10/11 features and end-user functionality.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office 2016 and 365 application functionality within a legal or professional services organization.
- Advanced knowledge of end-user functionality within Adobe Acrobat DC, especially legal specific tasks for court filings.
- Knowledge of 3rd party legal applications such as Litera DocXtools, Best Authority and Workshare Compare.
- Knowledge and support of various mobile email devices (iOS, Android, etc.)
- Ability to utilize and troubleshoot web-based applications.
- Knowledge of and experience with a Document Management System (NetDocuments).
- Knowledge and support experience with Citrix.
Bachelor's degree in Education, Management Information Systems or Business Administration Preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to read from hard-copy paper and computer screen, sit, talk, hear, use wrist, hands, and fingers repetitively to type, write, operate a computer and other office equipment/machinery, handle and grasp paper and other office objects. Additionally, the person in this position will remain in a stationary sitting position 90% of the time working on a computer; occasionally moving about our office to visit and meet with others and/or attend meetings, access file cabinets, use office machinery, etc., which will require bending and lifting of items less than 40 lbs.
The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties requested by the supervisor.
Employees MUST maintain domicile in a state and/or city where RGRD has an office.
Schedules depend on job duties. RGRD reserves the right to determine when and if remote work is an option. RGRD will make reasonable accommodations for such, if it does not cause undue hardship for the firm. All positions may be required to report on-site for specific projects or on an as-needed basis.
California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosure: We collect personal information you provide in connection with any application for employment, including personal information contained on any resumes or any other document(s) you provide us. We may use this information to evaluate your application and/or to consider you for employment with Robbins Geller. We may, as necessary, share this information with third parties for any of the following purposes: (i) to confirm the accuracy of the information provided; (ii) to conduct a background check; (iii) to confirm or evaluate potential conflicts of interest; and/or (iv) to check references. If you accept an offer with Robbins Geller, we may also use the information you have provided in order to provide you with the benefits of your employment.
Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP is one of the world’s leading complex class action firms representing plaintiffs in securities fraud, antitrust, breach of fiduciary duty, consumer fraud, and privacy cases. With 200 lawyers in 9 offices, Robbins Geller’s attorneys have obtained many of the largest securities, antitrust, consumer, and privacy class action recoveries in history.
Robbins Geller is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or breast-feeding, age, physical or mental disability, ancestry, medical condition, genetic information, military, or veteran’s status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. For the firm’s full EEO policy, please refer to our website: rgrdlaw.com.