Lathrop GPM, one of the nation's leading law firms, has an immediate opening for a Project Manager. Lathrop GPM is a full-service, Am Law 200 law firm with offices in Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Jefferson City, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, Overland Park, St. Cloud, St. Louis, and Washington, D.C. Our clients are at the heart of everything we do. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, and a professional, challenging, yet comfortable hybrid working environment. Our preference is that this position be located in our Minneapolis, MN or Boston, MA office, but will consider other Lathrop GPM office locations.
The Project Manager supports and manages all phases in the life cycle and successful delivery of projects for the enterprise. The Project Manager will manage resources within the IT and other administrative departments as needed to support and grow the use of project management as an integral business service solution within the firm.
The Project Manager will manage resources in a matrixed environment, ensuring proper allocation to complete projects on time and within budget. The Project Manager will have frequent communications with all stakeholders, including vendors and end-users to ensure awareness of and commitment to project status and progress.
• Manage multiple, ongoing, and interrelated projects to achieve business goals. Coordinate and prioritize resources across business and technology areas. Organize and manage scope, timeline from project inception to completion.
• Identify, organize and share project scope, estimates, schedules, resources, information and documentation, including ad-hoc updates and formal reports (when available). Ensure continued adherence to formal project lifecycle and firm project management requirements.
• The project manager will maintain frequent and direct communication with stakeholders, developing scope and estimates, monitoring and controlling projects, ensure effective resource planning and resolving impediments effectively and efficiently.
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports; ensure all necessary materials are current, properly filed and stored.
• Act as key project contact and liaise with clients to identify and define project requirements, scope and objectives.
• Influence administrative and leadership professionals on PM fundamentals, workflows and firm standards, ensuring that task and project management is a core competency for all staff.
• Research details and lead business analysis and workflow improvement efforts and be on the lookout for current and future opportunities to improve and innovate the project management function.
• Measure and report on effectiveness and efficacy of methodologies and PM tools in use against prior projects, peer firms and industry (PMI) standards, reevaluate frequently and improve often.
• Other duties as assigned
• Three to five + years of full end-to-end IT project management and delivery experience. Certification in Prince2 and/or PMP is preferred. College degree preferred.
• Experience working in a law firm environment, or alternately a similar professional services or consulting culture
• Experience with maintaining an in-progress schedule of all assigned development and implementation projects and breaking tasks down into manageable work packages to ensure smooth project delivery
• Experience with requirements gathering, analysis and mind/business mapping to technical solutions
• Experience with risk and issue management
• Experience with project budgeting and working effectively within project budgets
• Experience managing change control procedure
• Experience creating and managing communication strategies
• Experience with the coordination of user testing
• Ability to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and goals
• Ability to reach a good overall technical understanding of a solution
• Results oriented and able to drive things forward regardless of personal interest or formal ownership of the task
• Highest level of attention to detail
• Ability to motivate and maintain team interest
• Prepared to challenge ideas within a group in a constructive way
• Ability to work effectively in a rapidly changing environment with aggressive project deadlines
• Ability to adapt and flex to changes or set backs on a project
• Mastery of software delivery life cycle, including project initiation, mobilizing resources in a matrix environment, business stakeholder engagement, requirements analysis, transition to service delivery, etc.
• High-level understanding of technical architecture and infrastructure.
• Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to both team members and clients, verbally and in writing
• Experience with the Microsoft suite of applications used to support and communicate project management efforts and other solutions (such as Smartsheet, Trello, Monday, etc).
We celebrate and support diversity and the benefits it brings to our workplaces, clients and communities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. It is the employment policy and practice of Lathrop GPM to recruit and hire employees without discrimination because of race, color, sex, gender, religion, age, national origin, military status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law.
Lathrop GPM LLP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, and a professional, challenging, yet comfortable working environment. Lathrop GPM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiting agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of Lathrop GPM without prior approval from the HR Manager will be considered unsolicited and the property of Lathrop GPM.
Lathrop GPM serves a client base whose businesses form the backbone of our economy. Our clients run factories, build skylines, cure diseases, create jobs and power our world. And we work alongside them the entire way – immersing ourselves in our clients’ organizations and partnering with them to understand the big picture, so we can think past the day-to-day and help our clients anticipate future challenges. From the research lab to the factory floor, from oil fields to skyscrapers – we work as one integrated team to help our clients achieve their most important objectives.
Lathrop GPM was formed in 2020 through the combination of two 100+-year firms, both with strong Midwestern cores – Lathrop Gage (established in Kansas City in 1873) and Gray Plant Mooty (established in Minneapolis in 1866). Our nearly 400 attorneys practice in 14 offices nationwide, located from coast to coast – allowing us to quickly respond to clients’ needs at the local, state or national levels.
Clients are at the heart of everything we do. At Lathrop GPM, we help businesses, organizations, and individuals grow and succeed. Our work helps them seize opportunities, solve problems and dominate market spa...ces. With deep industry experience in health care and life sciences, franchise and distribution, agribusiness, manufacturing, and higher education, our commitment is to long-term relationships, not just transactions.
We want to lead the future of your legal services, together.